The Coatings Training Institute
Modules can be taken by anyone, anywhere in the world.
Entry-level modules are suitable for anyone working in a paint company, to get a better understanding of the products their company makes.
The modules provide not only technical training but also a better command of technical English – the universal language for the Coatings industry – in a global arena. The Coatings Training Institute has experience in working with students around the world including the United Kingdom, Italy, Norway, Germany, Baltics, Sweden, France and Saudi Arabia.
This training programme is truly established – and has been in place for over 30 years.
Top Reasons Why You Should Study With CTI:
- Using The Coatings Training Institute modules from the British Coatings Federation will MAKE and SAVE your company money.
- Higher skilled staff means better, more consistent products commanding a higher price.
- Higher skilled staff means fewer mistakes, less waste, less spoiled batches and less redundant stocks.
- If you value your staff, they will feel motivated and likely to perform better. Research shows that two-thirds of employees said they worked harder as a result of learning new skills. This, in turn, adds value to their business.
- Satisfied and motivated staff are less likely to leave, lowering recruitment costs.
- Success for your company means providing quality products and service at a good price. It means keeping up with technology. To do that, your company needs skilled staff who have new ideas, know the job and understand your business and its priorities. It means you need quality training.
- If you are involved in sales, you can more accurately describe and understand the systems you are selling, adding value (and margin) to the products your company offers.
- If you are involved in Formulating and Quality Control, you will be able to investigate and identify problems by use of accurate terminology using the “same language”.
Our Latest Award Winners
The BCF Student of the Year award, for our Coatings Training Institute (CTI) students, is decided by our industry-respected tutors. It represents the students that have achieved the best grades in our CTI modules and gives our top-attaining students industry-wide recognition for their achievements.
Company: PPG Architectural Coatings UK
Year award won: 2012
Company: Becker Industrial Coatings
Year award won: 2015
Company: HMG Paints
Year award won: 2017
Company: Pronto Industrial Paints
Year award won: 2016
Year award won: 2018
Company: Jotun Paints
Year award won: 2014
Company: Jotun Paints
Year award won: 2021
Company: PPG Whitford
Year award won: 2019
Company: Beckers UK
Year award won: 2013
Year award won: 2022
If you would like to study with The Coatings Training Institute and you would like materials to share in your workplace or to read for yourself, submit your details here and we will post one of our resource packs to you.